Emma Stone: "I thought a thousand times about giving up, but my desire to be an actress won"

 Emma Stone: "I thought a thousand times about giving up, but my desire to be an actress won"


Emma Stone has more than one parallelism with her character in the musical "La La Land", one of the films that sounds strong for the next Oscars, and assures, in an interview with Efe, that she thought "a thousand times about giving up" to her dream of becoming an actress.

 



"I thought a thousand times that this was not for me," the actress confessed before the premiere of La La Land in the United States next Friday. "But I knew I didn't want to do anything else. I was very clear about what my wish was. There was no more. It may sound crazy, and actually, I still don't know how I endured at certain times," she added.


Like her character in her fiction, Stone spent years trying to showcase her talent in multitudes of auditions and never lost faith in her possibilities, despite her constant rejections.


"I know that feeling perfectly. Or that of thinking that something is going to go ahead and it is not like that in the end. I moved to Los Angeles at the age of 15 to be an actress and I never stopped until I achieved it," said the interpreter.


Stone also revealed that the same casting director who had rejected her in multiple projects was the one who gave her her first big opportunity in Superbad, the comedy that opened the doors in Hollywood to later projects such as Zombieland, Easy A, Crazy, Stupid. , Love or The Help.


Directed and written by Damien Chazelle, La La Land tells the story of Mia (Emma Stone), a young aspiring actress, and Sebastian (Ryan Gosling), a dedicated jazz musician, who meet in Los Angeles while trying to make it happen. their dreams, while facing the frustrations of the beginning.


"Los Angeles means a lot of things to me," said Stone, who was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress for Birdman.


"It's a place where many people's dreams are fulfilled and destroyed. We all come here for the same reason, to be part of the entertainment world. But it can be a very tough city if you are not strong-minded," he added.


La La Land was chosen as film of the year by the New York Film Critics Circle and part of the Critic's Choice awards, with a total of 12 nominations. In addition, Emma Stone won the Volpi Cup for best actress at the 73rd Venice Film Festival.


Stone sings, dances and falls in love in La La Land, a musical for which she rehearsed for almost three months and for which she used her previous experience in the theater with the play Cabaret.


"That made me have more resistance than ever. And, above all, it helped me to have more faith in myself as an actress," confessed the interpreter from Scottsdale (Arizona).


"In the theater you tell a story every night and I lost my voice on many occasions. I spent several nights acting sick. I realized that I am not a machine and that not everything can always be perfect. It taught me not to be so hard on myself ", he explained.


With some dream musical numbers, from the one that opens the film in the middle of the Los Angeles freeway, to those that take place on one of the hills of Hollywood or the Griffith Observatory, Chazelle manages to recover the magic of the classics of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers and the choreographies designed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen.


"It was a big challenge, but a lot of fun," said Stone, who acknowledged that singing is more difficult for her than dancing.


"I really enjoy dancing, but the voice is my Achilles' heel. I have an interesting relationship with my voice; I really don't know if I hate it or love it. To have full confidence in it, working in Cabaret helped me a lot, but also the multiple singing classes I took. It was not easy at all, "he said.


Gosling was with her at all times, with whom she sings the star theme of the soundtrack, City of Stars.


"Ryan is a unique, incomparable and irreplaceable talent," admitted the actress.


"He can do everything and, in addition, he is very funny and has enormous charisma. The public loves to see him on the screen. Despite the 'memes' against his will," he said with a laugh, "he is someone special and magnetic. It has an irresistible what do I know, "he continued.


At 28, Stone, who has worked twice with Woody Allen (Magic in the Moonlight, Irrational Man) and handles himself well in big productions (The Amazing Spider-Man), is aware that she is living her dream. .


"The only thing I can ask for is to continue working with interesting people who want to do original things. I want to dedicate more time to each project, really pamper it, and grow as an actress to continue discovering new things about myself that I didn't know were there," she said. .

Post a Comment

0 Comments